Your SEO Questions Answered
- What is Search Engine Optimisation?
- What does a Search Engine Optimisation Specialist do?
- Should I use SEO or Paid Ads?
- How can I identify a good SEO agency?
- How much do I need to pay for SEO?
- How can I save money on SEO?
- What is a technical SEO specialist?
- How is SEO pricing calculated?
- Is SEO guaranteed to work?
- How long does SEO take to work?
What is Search Engine Optimisation?
Search engine optimisation is the process of optimising a webpage for search engines such as Google. Optimisation involves many factors. The most important factors, however, are website performance, content quality and structure, and authority.
What does a Search Engine Optimisation Specialist do?
A search engine optimisation specialist’s role involves three fundamental areas – research, analysis and application. A SEO specialist will start by researching the target market to generate a list of target keyword groups, as well as research the sites which are current ranking for those keywords in order to establish a benchmark of optimisation criteria. Afterwards, the target website will be analysed and compared against the benchmark criteria so that a clear plan of action can be developed. Finally, in the application stage, the plan of action will be executed on the target site. A search engine optimisation specialist will also track (monitor) rankings and provide reporting.