Every city is unique in terms of architecture, attractions and food. Self-confessed foodies who are unafraid to try diverse cuisines in a new city have submitted their list of recommendations on the best places to dine in Brisbane. Unlike other capital cities in Australia, Brisbane offers a unique identity when it comes to food. If you happen to be in the city, we highly recommend that you visit the following restaurants.
1. The Tippler’s Tap is know for their chicken wings with their signature blue cheese dip and their craft beer. Not only is it a haven for those who like chicken and booze, it’s also a great venue to listen to 80’s rock.
2. Forget your diet once you try the famous cannoli at Bucci found in James Street. It’s one of the reasons why people keep coming back to this place.
3. Check out Lefty’s Old Time Music Hall in Petrie Terrace. It’s the perfect venue to give you an absolutely good time. They have great food; amazing drinks and they offer live music for your entertainment. It’s like killing two birds with one stone; you get the best of both words – food and music.
4. If you want to try a traditional European hot chocolate, make sure to pass by Monty’s Chocolate located in Paddington. Your sweet tooth will definitely thank you for it.
5. Craving for pho? Head on to Inala Civic Centre, not only they have the best-tasting pho in the city, they also sell affordable vegetables and herbs if you have the time to toss up your own salad.
6. Then there’s Esquire located in CBD. It is the only three-hat restaurant in Brisbane. A must-visit for every first-timer in the city.
7. Try a plate of jamon and some sherry by visiting the tapas bar located at Ortiga in Fortitude Valley. It’s a great place to unwind and relax with a few cold cuts and some alcohol.
8. If you are the adventurous type, check out these eccentric insect-inspired cocktails located at the Public in George Street. You can’t miss this for the world!
9. Do you love seafood? Who doesn’t? Give in to your gustatory seafood cravings by visiting Swampdog located in South Brisbane. They have the best fish and chips and dig in guiltlessly with their sustainable and not to mention delectable array of seafood.
10. If you’re a sucker for scenic views make sure to check out Stokehouse, Aria, Alchemy, Alto or the Powerhouse. All these restaurants offer an amazing view of the river. It’s definitely a romantic spot if you’re going out on a date and their food is incredible.
11. Can’t decide if you’re a food lover or a book lover? You don’t have to choose, if you have a passion for both then you definitely need to go to Browse James Street’s Scrumptious Reads. This is the one and only food and bookstore in Brisbane. The unique combination of their services is what makes them stand out and what attracts both food enthusiasts and bookworms.
So you see, Brisbane is a wonderful city with its attractions but it’s also insanely incredible because of their food and the restaurants that are lining up for you to try.
At Webgator Brisbane, we love great food. Check back here for more great restaurants in Brisbane. Have a place to recommend? Let us know!